Get ready for Class 3 Social Studies with our easy practice questions! This sample paper is made just for you. Learn about cool things like history and geography in a fun way. Download it now to practice and do well in your studies!
class 3 social studies question paper
A. Choose the correct option to fill in the blanks.
- ——————— lies to the north-west of India.
a. Pakistan b. Nepal C. Bangladesh
- There are————- union territories in India.
a. five b. six C. eight
- India and its neighbours together form a ——————-
a. Asia b. subcontinent C. Indian union
- All important discussions about the country are held in this building————-
a. Parliament House b. Mizoram C. Taj Mahal
- The Chief Minister is responsible for the welfare of the people in the ————-
a. Union Territories b states c. Chandigarh
B. Write T for true and F for false.
- The states have a Governor.
- There are twenty-six states and seven Union Territories.
- Myanmar is located to the north of India.
- Puducherry is a union territory.
- The union territories are governed by chief ministers and governors.
class 3 social science question answer
C. Answer these questions.
- Name the neighbouring countries of India.
- How many states are there in India?
- How many union territories are there in India?
- Why are all the important offices in Delhi?
- Who looks after the government of a state?
MAQ for class 3 social science
D. Choose the correct option to fill in the blanks.
- The Jama Masjid is situated in————————-.
A. Old Delhi B. New Delhi c. South Delhi
- ——————- built the Red Fort in Delhi.
a. Akbar b. Jahangir c. Shah Jahan
- The ————— of India lives in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
a. President b. Chief Minister C. Prime Minister
- ——————- is known as the financial and entertainment capital of India.
a. Delhi b. Kolkata c. Mumbai
- .The —————– caves are located in Mumbai.
a. Elephant b. Bhimbetka C. Amaranth
CBSE class 3 social studies worksheets
E. Match the columns.
|Match the columns.
1. Jama Masjid
2. Marine Drive
3. Chandni Chowk
4. India Gate
5. Red Fort
a. Shah Jahan,
b. The largest mosque in India
c. Memorial for soldiers
d. Queen’s Necklace
e. wholesale markets
F. Write T for true and F for false.
- Delhi has a moderate climate.
- the most popular means of transport in the city is the Mumbai Local.
- New Delhi is the capital of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- Delhi has one of the most important ports in the country.
class 3 social studies answer
G. Answer these questions.
- Name three places that form the NCR.
- What kind of summers and winters does Delhi have?
- Why is Delhi considered to be an important city?
- Why is Mumbai called the financial and entertainment capital of India?
- Where is the Gateway of India located?
- Describe any two tourist attractions of Mumbai.
H. Choose the correct option to fill in the blanks.
- The weather in Kolkata is usually ———————
a. cold b. dry c. hot and humid
- The Victoria Memorial was built to honour ———————
a. King George V b. Queen Elizabeth I c. Queen Victoria
- ——————— Chennai, was the first building built by the British in India.
a. Vivekananda House b Fort St. George c. Fort William
- ——————— is the office of the Chennai Corporation.
a. Ripon Building b. Writer’s Building c. Red Fort
class 3 social studies chapter 1
I. Write T for true and F for false.
- Kolkata is the capital of West Bengal.
- Kolkata was the first capital of British India.
- Chennai is very popular for its cultural and economic institutions.
- Marina Beach is the shortest beach in the world.
- Local trains are not available in Kolkata.
class 3 social studies answer chapter 4
J. Match the columns.
|Match the columns
1. Durga Puja
2. Victoria Memorial
3. Kapaleeswarar Temple
4. Gateway to South Indie
5. Eden Gardens
d Famous gopuram
class 3 social studies question answer
K. Answer these questions.
- Where in India is Kolkata located?
- Why is Chennai called the Detroit of India’?
- What modes of transport do people use to travel in Kolkata?
- Name some famous dishes of Chennai.
- Which are the various landmarks of Kolkata and Chennai?
L. Choose the correct option to fill in the blanks.
- Bengaluru is the capital of——————— .
a. Tamil Nadu b. Kerala C. Karnataka
- The famous ——————– is situated in the union territory of Chandigarh.
a. Lake garden b. Rock garden c. Tulip garden
- Guwahati is located on the banks of the river ——————-
a. Ganga b. Yamuna c. Brahmaputra
- The Charminar is located in ——————
a. Bengaluru b. Hyderabad c. Lucknow
- ——————— is located on the banks of the river Gomti.
a. Bengaluru b. Lucknow C. Ahmedabad
class 3 social studies answer chapter 3
M. Match the columns.
|Match the columns
a. Manchester of the East
b. Pink City
c. City Beautiful
d. Gateway to North-east India
e. Garden City
N. Rewrite the words
ENPU URRPAI RPIU TARSU OIKHC ZAWLIA
class 3 Social Studies Chapter 1 question answer
O. Answer these questions.
- What is the capital of Haryana?
- Which city is famous for its chikankari embroidery work?
- Ahmedabad is located on the banks of which river?
- Why is Jaipur called the Pink City?
- What is the city of Guwahati famous for?
- Name some famous tourist attractions of Bengaluru.